Yard House, the award-winning restaurant known for its creative cuisine and vast selection of draft beer, is also a destination for handcrafted cocktails. On July 13, Yard House will introduce a collection of new adult concoctions using premium spirits and its own house-made citrus agave blend coupled with seasonal fruits and vegetables.
“The art of cocktailing has returned,” said Gregory Howard, manager of beverage for Yard House. “In recent years shows like Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire have given new life to long forgotten drinks. Just like a good meal, creating a great cocktail also requires using premium ingredients as well as a seasoned bartender who knows his or her craft.”
Howard and his team collaborated with Executive Chef Carlito Jocson in creating the new cocktail collection, which includes:
• Blood & Smoke – a blood orange and ancho chili spiced margarita made with Del Maguey “Vida” Mezcal, El Jimador Silver Tequila, Ancho Reyes, Monin Blood Orange, house-made citrus agave and aromatic bitters poured into a salt-rimmed glass
• Bourbon Berry Sour – made with Buffalo Trace Bourbon, house-made citrus agave, Dekuyper Razzmatazz, orange bitters with fresh raspberries for added sweetness
• Hibiscus Rose – a refreshing herbal and botanical gin martini featuring Bulldog Gin, St. Germain & Lillet Blanc with orange bitters and Monin Hibiscus
• Sidecar – this classic cocktail steps into the 21st century with D’Ussé VSOP Cognac, Cointreau and house-made citrus agave poured into a glass rimmed with sugar
• Cucumber Citrus Tonic – a spa-like drink made with Bulldog Gin, Aperol, house-made citrus agave, tonic, freshly-sliced cucumber and orange plus orange bitters
“Just like food and fashion, cocktails are constantly evolving,” added Howard. “Pop culture tends to play a role in what is currently trending. Look what Sex and The City did for the Cosmopolitan a decade ago.”
Howard added that classic cocktails are popular once again, but the demand now is that they’re made with fresh ingredients.
“We make our own citrus agave blend, which helps to enhance the flavor profile rather than overpower it like pre-made syrups tends to do.”
Yard House, which boasts a full bar at all its locations, features a full list of martinis, mules and cocktails along with an average of 130 taps of the best American craft beers and imports. Yard House, open daily for lunch, dinner and late-night dining, will debut its collection of new handcrafted cocktails nationwide July 13. For more information, visit www.yardhouse.com or follow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/yardhouse or on Twitter @yardhouse
About Yard House
When Yard House opened in 1996 in Long Beach, California, it revolutionized the restaurant industry by creating a 250-tap draft beer system. Nearly 20 years and 59 restaurants later, Yard House still leads the way with great food, classic rock and a vast selection of draft beer while evolving into an award-winning dining destination known for its menu of American favorites, crafted cocktails and endless fleet of tap handles featuring the best American craft beers and imports. The exhibition kitchen creates more than 100 items made from scratch infused with quality ingredients and globally-inspired flavors. The menu includes everything from shareable plates and appetizers to grilled burgers, steaks and seafood. Each Yard House has its own distinct beer list with a handful of taps reserved for local and regional brewers along with an offering of seasonal and small-batch selections as part of its rotating “Chalkboard Series.” The glass-enclosed keg room showcases hundreds of steel barrels containing some 4,000 gallons of beer that flow to the center island bar through an extensive network of tubing positioned overhead. From there the beer is fed to the taps where it’s served ice-cold by the pint, 9-ounce shorty, goblet or half-yard glass container. Yard House is also well-known for its classic and alternative rock boasting a library of 5,000 songs with each location having its own distinct playlist. Yard House is open daily for lunch, dinner and late-night dining.
Note: The above was taken from an official press release