Angel Fire, New Mexico is best known as a ski resort city. Nestled in the San Moreno Valley, many people take the two to three hour drive from Albuquerque each winter to hit the slopes. But Angel Fire is much more than a place to ski- the area has excellent opportunities for outdoor and other entertainment year- round. And one of the upcoming events just waiting for you and yours is the 1st Annual Angel Fire Food and Wine Roundup, scheduled for August 24 – 27, 2017 at Angel Fire Resort.
Western Themed Cuisine
The 2017 Food and Wine Roundup is sponsored by A Bar N Ranch, a Texas based cattle ranch operation specializing in Wagyu beef. This event will offer some of the most delicious creations utilizing this highly sought- after beef paired with fine wines, craft beers, and artisanal spirits over a four- day span.
What’s Going Down
The Angel Fire Food and Wine Roundup will include a wide array of events and entertainment such as:
- Guest chef luncheons
- Cooking demos
- Wine seminars
- Reserve Tasting
- Grand Tasting
- Mushroom hunts
- Silent Auctions
- Guest chef dinners
- Craft beer tastings
- Boot Scootin’ BBQ and Western Dance
- Benefit Golf Tournament
- Bacon brunch
- Chuck wagon breakfast
Chefs attending the Angel Fire Food and Wine Roundup include:
- Meathead Goldwyn- Hailing from Chicago, Chef Goldwyn is the mastermind behind www.amazingribs.com , an immensely popular outdoor cooking web site. He is also the author of “Meathead: The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling,” a New York Times Best Seller.
- Tom and Lisa Perini- This husband and wife duo own and operate Perini Ranch Steakhouse, a Cowboy themed restaurant located in Buffalo Gap, Texas. They have been serving and perfecting cowboy cuisine for more than four decades and are proud to share some of their finest cuisine with festival attendees.
- Harry Soo- The man behind Slap Yo Daddy BBQ brings his penchant for barbecued meats to Angel Fire. The Slap Yo Daddy team is best known for its appearance on TLC’s BBQ Pitmasters inaugural season in 2010 and for its ultimate victory during the show’s 2010 season finale.
- Kevin McCaffery- Angel Fire Resort’s own head chef will serve up his own amazing creations at the Boot Scootin’ BBQ and the Bloody Good Bacon Brunch.
Besides these incredible chefs, Angel Fire Food and Wine Roundup will include other noteworthy individuals such as artist Jennifer Cavan and James Beard Foundation award- winner Cheryl Alters Jamison, a cookbook author and food journalist. Cavan will produce a work of art specially commissioned for the event and it will be available for auction bidding at the Reserve Tasting, with proceeds benefitting the Make-A-Wish Foundation of New Mexico. Jamison will serve as emcee for the cooking demonstrations and will be on site throughout the event to sign copies of her many cookbooks.
The Land of Enchantment
New Mexico is a land of scenic wonders. The Rocky Mountains, the high desert, the endless caverns, and other attractions make New Mexico one of the nation’s top destinations for natural beauty. But New Mexico is more than a haven for nature lovers- the area also boasts fine resorts, a bourgeoning craft beer scene, and much more. The Angel Fire Food and Wine Roundup is a celebration of western food and drink and it’s one occasion that deserves a place on your summer travel list. For more information about the event, guest chefs, and other facts, visit online at www.angelfirefoodandwine.com