Are you a fan of tomato juice cocktails? If so, then you probably love Bloody Mary and Bloody Maria drinks and already have your favorite way to make these drinks using a specific brand of liquor. These drinks are great on their own, but they are made even better using a premium tequila brand like Pura Vida and other ingredients. This drink, a variation on a Bloody Maria, calls for the addition of Mexican beer to create a beverage that is more refreshing and easier on the palate. Here is the recipe:
Disclosure: I received a sample of the Pura Vida product mentioned. All thoughts/opinions are 100% my own. This drink is intended for those age 21 and up or those who have reached legal drinking age in their respective countries. Please Drink Responsibly!
- 3 oz Pura Vida Bloody Maria mix
- 1.5 oz. Pura Vida Anejo Tequila
- 6 dashes of Franks red hot sauce
- 2 oz Modelo Especial or other light Mexican beer
- Lemon wedge
- Kosher salt to rim glass
- Combine Bloody Maria mix, tequila, and hot sauce in shaker
- Shake lightly
- Strain into salt rimmed glass
- Top with beer
- Add lemon wedge for garnish
Enjoy your favorite tequila type with choices like: Pura Vida Silver, Pura Vida Reposada, Anejo. The newest spirits and liqueur include Extra Anejo and the exclusive Orange Liqueur Naranja and Don Pancho a coffee flavored Liqueur.